Dec 31, 2014
Futures Options Roundtable 17: The Year in
Futures Options Roundtable 2014 Year in
- The ongoing oil drama of 2014: Oil hits
5-year low today. Oil volatility and option volume seem poised to
remain elevated in early 2015. Crude oil volatility skew: OTM call
premiums remain comparatively cheap. Mini WTI futures, ICE Brent
futures, Nadex oil rundown.
- Gold futures fell for the fourth time in five
sessions as the dollar touched a five-year high. Gold is headed for
a second straight annual loss for the first time since 1998.
- Silver futures for March delivery retreated
2.3 percent to $15.779 an ounce on the Comex, the most in almost
- Copper reaches four-year low in London on
- Corn - Call premium total: $207,143.75, Put
premium total: $403,637.50. Call OI Total: 205,195, Put OI Total:
- Wheat - Ukraine crisis has been a driver for
wheat volatility and volume this year.
- Rates - 30-Year futures: 86.4M contracts
through Nov, down 6.8%. 10-Year futures: 317.5M contracts through
Nov, up 3%.
Looking Ahead To 2015
- Hopefully seeing more inflows to commodities