Oct 28, 2016
Trading Block/Earnings Palooza!
Before the Bell:
- TSLA: stock up 1.5%, $12.30 (6%)
- AAPL: stock closed $118.25, but dropped nearly $5 the next
trading day - now trading around $115, straddle $5.25 (4.5%)
- TWTR: ATM straddle - $2.10, approx. 12% - stock nearly
After the Bell:
- GOOG: ATM straddle - $39.45, approx. 5%
- AMZN: ATM straddle - $50 - approx. 6%
Odd Block: Calls trade in Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD), calls
trade in Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV) calls trade in Marathon
Petroleum Corp (MPC)
Strategy Block: Uncle Mike Tosaw discusses when you would sell a
Mail Block/Options #QuestionOfTheWeek
Is #Trumpocalypse done? Is $VIX already pricing in
@HillaryClinton win? Where will $VIX close on election day?
- UNCHD (Between 12-14)
- Elevated (15-18)
- Spike (Over 18)
- Selloff (Below 12)
- Question from Trader Onki - I think you recently attended two
trading conferences. Would you please share anything new for some
of us retail traders who were not able to attend? Or if you already
shared them, please direct me to right place?
- Question from ItsGoodUntilTheBearRaid - @Options Does this mean
someone picked up 19k $8 calls? Refers to this article.
Around the Block: The big story is the elections, even during
earnings season. Will the VIX continue to roll up? 2016: A lot of
up, a lot of down, but going nowhere.