Sep 30, 2015
CTO Interview: The guest today is Robert D’Arco, CEO, Rival
- An overview of your background in the derivatives markets.
- What is Rival Systems?
- Who is the target end-user?
- The Rival Risk Analytics Suite.
Hot Topics in Tech: What’s happening in the world of fin
- Technology groups warned on stricter financial regulation - The
chairman of HSBC has said that regulators in China and elsewhere
are starting to consider more seriously whether technology
companies that provide financial services should, like banks, be
regulated more heavily.
- Blockchain initiative called R3 backed by 9 large investment
banks - Nine of the largest investment banks, including Goldman
Sachs, JPMorgan and Credit Suisse, are planning to develop common
standards for blockchain technology in an effort to broaden its use
across financial services.
- Bloomberg and Twitter sign data licensing agreement - The
long-term data agreement with Twitter will further enhance
financially relevant information found on the social media platform
for users of the Bloomberg Professional service.
The Inbox: Listener questions and comments
- Question from TomTom08 - Hello TT crew, love the show.
Hope you grin back the Lightning Round soon. I would like you guys
to comment on OpenFin (https://openfin.co/) and how it can extend
the capability of HTML5 for FinTec providers.