Aug 30, 2017
- Chris Hausman, Portfolio & Chief Technical Strategist, Swan
- Aash Vyas, Director of Portfolio Strategy and Overlays, Swan
- Matt Amberson, Principal, Option Research & Technology
- Carolyn Leonard, Former CBOE Member, Co-Founder - DyMynd
The Buzz: Bringing women and advisors into the options fold - a
look at IMCA, Boston Options Exchange & Dymnd's upcoming "All
Women Want Options" webinar.
Office Hours/Advisors Option Flash Poll.
With $VIX hitting new lows and $SPX new highs, what is your
financial advisor telling you about using #Options?
- 13% - Write covered calls
- 35% - Buy protective puts
- 22% - Do Both - Use Collars
- 30% - They Won't Touch Options
Listener Questions and Comments:
- Question from Tancray - Do you think the trend toward passive
investing will help or hurt options focused advisors?
- Question from Nick Sassela - I've read a lot about robo
advisors encroaching on the domain of the traditional financial
advisor. I would think complicated assets like options wouldn't be
well-suited to algorithms and machines. Is it fair to say that
options then are the silver bullet to the rise of the robo