Jul 29, 2016
Trading Block: Big news! OptionsHouse is now the sponsor of The Option
Earnings today include CME, FORD, DOW.
- Ford off nearly 9%
- AMZN: $748.50. ATM Straddle approx. $50, 6.6%
- GOOG: $742. ATM Straddle approx. $38.50, 5%.
Odd Block: Calls trade in ETSY Inc. (ETSY), calls trade in The
Technology SPDR (XLK), calls and puts trade in Yandex NV (YNDX)
Mail Block: Listener questions and comments
- Question from AWorth: Can the Options House guys explain how
their short buyback program works? Is it only for outright shorts,
or if I have a short leg of a spread that is near the money on
expiration but trading under $.10, can I close that out without
commission or do I have to close the whole spread?
- Question from Thomas Hatch: I like dividend yield stocks. I
listened to an earlier show and you mentioned writing covered calls
to generate dividends. Can I apply this strategy to dividend yield
stocks? Any risks I should watch out for when doing this?
- Question from 777: Are you aware of any specific gold arb
between chinese gold derivatives and their U.S. equivalents?
Around the Block: Earnings on Friday include CBOE, Exxon-Mobil
(XOM), Merck (MRK) and UPS (UPS). This weekin the market sees GDP,
Consumer Sentiment on July 29.